Body Building And Strength Training Program
More and more people become over-weighed in this world just because of changing lifestyle, food and high stress level. Ironically, this number is increasing every year despite the fact that people in today’s world have access to better medical technologies and facilities.
How to combat the problems caused because of changing lifestyle and food? How to get better results from our fitness programs?
It is necessary that we ought to maintain our diet and stress level to keep our body fit and perfect. Here are few top tips and ideas to get perfect results:
- Do Yoga or any meditation regularly to combat daily life stress and stay away from all worries and problems.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- If a particular area of your body is weaker than our main body, then we should begin our exercise program with a general fitness plan that includes stretching, aerobic activity, and strength training. Include these activities in our fitness program to get the best result.
- We need not hesitate from enrolling for a fitness program even if we are aged. Any adult who is healthy and fit can go for suitable fitness programs irrespective of age, physical characteristics, or the several days elapsed after we stopped doing exercises.
- Never think that it is too late for any type of fitness program that we want to practice. Our body will be automatically adjusted to the kind of fitness activities that we practice.
To cut the excess weight in the whole body or any body part, different methods of exercises are suggested. But how should we go about when we are under weighted and need to gain some weight to keep our BMI (Body Mass Index) to the right level? Practicing weight lifting and few weight gaining exercises are the options to gain weight.
We need to work hard to get good results. Never get carried away by the advertisements in magazines and newspapers that offer quick results by popping some “weight gain pills” without taking the trouble of working out at gym.
Muscle building process is different in every person. Our ability to build muscles in our body is dependent on how much protein our body can synthesize based on our testosterone levels, insulin sensitivity, stress level, and few other factors.
Here are few safe weight gaining practice tips.
- Find a qualified trainer to help us on this task to choose suitable exercise methods and exercise equipment for our fitness program.
- Set our diet with the help of our fitness trainer and dietitian.
- Include dishes that are compatible with our body’s metabolism.
- Practice some type of exercises that can improve the condition of Testosterone and Growth of hormone in our body. (Do not exert to lift any heavy weight for more than 45 minutes)
- Eat plenty of organic foods. Stay away from junk foods such as burgers, pizzas and other fast-food items. Try green vegetable salads, fresh fruit juices, and raw vegetables instead.
- Avoid any type of weight gaining exercises if we are undergoing treatments for any cardiovascular diseases.
- Weight lifting is good for gaining some extra weight provided if we practice it regularly along with enough food supplements.
- Choose our weight according to our genetic makeup and muscle fiber type. If our body is an athlete type, then consider adding little more weight than normal but only after taking a fitness expert’s opinion.
- Avoid artificial supplements and pills. Rely on natural resources to get enough vitamins and minerals for our body. Make sure enough supplements are provided to our body at every time as that will avoid exhaustion due to lack of energy and strength.
Strength Training Program
Strength training exercises enhance the muscle size and strength. There are different types of strength training programs in general for both men and women. In addition to this, there are specific strength-training programs suggested only for women. There are some strength building exercise suggested for arms, back, shoulders, core and legs. Strength training exercises work with the major muscle groups of the body and involve 8 to 10 exercises that we need to carry out 2-3 times every week.
When we become strong, we gain more muscle size, lose fat, stamina, more energy, and ability to carry on with heavy tasks at home. Some of the best strength-building exercises are the bench press, dead lift, squat, and shoulder press.
How to get started?
Warm up: We need to do some warm up exercises first. 2-3 minutes of jogging, rope jumping exercise, riding, some stretching exercises, or skipping are the best ways to warm up before starting any strength training program. The purpose of these warm up exercises is to increase our heart rate and to get little sweat which will increase blood circulation through our muscles. The blood circulation to muscles will help us prevent injury during the our exercise.
Cooling down: It is very important to carry out a cooling down exercises after our strength training exercises. This not only help us to get rid off waste elements from our muscle tissues but also prevent blood pooling in our body. In fact, cooling down activities help us to equip our body for next strength training session.
Cooling down exercises can begin with walking/cycling for about 3 minutes and followed by 5-10 minutes of stretching activities.
What are the benefits of strength training programs?
- Regular strength training programs improve the overall muscle rates in our body. Formation of new muscles increases the metabolic rate (Rate at which our body burns calories) in our body.
- Proper strength training programs help us to build strong bones in our body. Strong bone formation in the body improves overall bone density and when bone density of our body improves, it prevents the formation of osteoporosis over time and eventually fight against it to a great extend. (Osteoporosis, the most common bone disease, is the thinning of bone tissue and loss of bone density)
- Strength training programs make our bones, ligaments, and tendons stronger and this will safeguard our body from injuries.
- Regular strength training programs bring down blood pressure and cholesterol levels in your body and this eventually would lower the risk of Coronary Diseases.
- Improve body’s resistance power and able to gain faster recovery from an injury and slowly build strength around the injured area. Regular strength training programs can keep an individual from any age related problems and make your body function well.
- Regular strength training program will make our muscles leaner and these lean muscle mass burn more calories – up to 50 calories – everyday. Burning calories on regular basis at this rate would bring down excess fat in our body considerably. Our overall personality and confidence level improves when all that unwanted fat contents are removed and tones well our body muscles.
- Besides these, regular strength training programs helps us balance well with stronger legs and core muscles. Regular strength-training activities will improve our performance in sports and stamina.The activities mentioned in this article are not tailored to an individual. In case you face any injury or health issues, consult with your doctor immediately.
Always get assistance from qualified fitness experts to draw a strength training program suitable for your body. Learn the ways to follow your fitness program gradually from a qualified instructor and avoid injury.
Image source: Google