9 Top Gym Etiquette That Everyone Should Follow
People usually start visiting their local gym in the beginning of New Year and most of these category people continue with their fitness program only up to April. It is very common to see these new comers often make the gym overcrowded and turn the overall atmosphere uncomfortable for many regulars in the gym till April. The reality is that these new comers eventually loose their enthusiasm and stop coming after that couple of months.
These things happen because there is no rule exists to control the number of people who enroll gym. Any number of people can get membership at a gym without any hassles. The only way to get rid of this problem is by changing our timings for work out.
Here are few ways to reduce such inconvenience at Gym centers.
- The most preferred timings for a workout is at night after 7 P.M. It is an ideal timing for regulars to workout without much crowd.
- Always use a towel while using any fitness equipment. We need to keep a clean and fresh towel between body and the fitness machines when we work on that machine. Wipe down the machine surface thoroughly after you finished using it. It will make the machine surface clean and does not cause any inconvenience to other people.
- Use weights very carefully. Do not drop the weights on the ground directly enough to make a loud clang as that can be distressing to other members. Make sure that we return the weights to the correct place on the racks when we are finished with them.
- Do not constantly ask people if they have finished using a machine when they are sill exercising on it. It will certainly annoy them, so stay away from such practices. Avoid go over the time limits that we set on the particular machine. Stick with the time limit set with that machine.
- Avoid chatting with people and standing in large group when there is a machine in use. Switch off your cell phone while you are working out.
- Avoid screaming or make any loud gestures when you are about to go for your best lift. There are many other members in the center concentrating on their activities. It is OK to exhale loudly as you contract the muscles during your set.
- Avoid over using the water fountain at the Gym center.
- Never leave towel or other personal belongings lying on a bench or on any equipment when you are not using it.
- Last but not the least; follow the code of conduct of the gym center.
Follow these simple steps, you will have a pleasant experience at your gym center this time.
Image source: Google