Physical fitness is a fine-tuning of body and something similar to an engine fine-tuning for smooth and efficient running. Perfect body figure is achieved through regular work out and balanced diet. Regular workout improves the overall working condition of heart, lungs, body muscles, and other important parts of the body.
What are the benefits of Perfect Workout?
The human body is a motion machine. Every human body is designed to move and it is meant for it. Each part of our body is designed to do certain functions and actions. Hence, it is necessary to do regular exercise in order to keep our body fit and healthy.
Our legs are meant for walking and running not just to keep idle without much movement. If there is no possibility to run or walk in the routine work schedule, then it is better to find some time for a walk and/or leg exercise during free hours. Remember, sitting too long without much activity for legs could weak leg muscles and stamina.
It will also affect overall blood circulation in the body that may leads to many ailments and physical problems later. Most people aware about the importance of keeping body fit but they actually do not find time for regular workout. In the modern work environment, we have very little scope for physical movements while carrying out day-to-day activities.
Technological advancement encroached in our daily life. New technologies have made our life easier but badly affect our health as the present work style reduced our physical movements.
Here are some of the most important benefits of regular workout:
- Regular workout enhances the efficiency of human body to fight against viruses that spread diseases. Sunlight on skin during exercise helps body produce vitamin D which is essential to our body.
- Regular workout increases oxygen flow that add many benefits to our body and brain. Our memory and metal alertness improves when we work out every day.
- Physical Exercise improves human body physically as well as mentally. Regular workout can relieve tension, depression, and anger. Our mental strength and alertness of body improves. As regular workout becomes a part of our routine, we experience progress in general well-being over a period.
- Physical exercise improves our immunity system that decreases the risk of falling ill and protect us from many deadly diseases such as cancer, stroke and heart attack.
- Regular work out can bring down our blood pressure and bad cholesterol and thereby reduce heart ailments and related diseases. To some extend, by doing regular exercise we can effectively control our blood pressure without the help of any anti hypertensive medicines.
Our body slowly loose its strength and stamina when we don’t engage with any physical activities regularly. Research studies shows that each hour of regular exercise can extend our life expectancy for additional two hours. Brisk walking everyday for 30 minutes can really make a change in our life. 30 minutes of moderate activity is beneficial to our overall body health.
Few added benefits of regular exercise
- Regular exercise keeps our body weight under control.
- Want to quite smoking? Regular work out can help us in the game.
- Regular exercise boost our energy level, improve mental strength, self image, and optimism and maintain our independence.
- Regular work out reduces coronary heart disease in women.
- Daily workout improves the good cholesterol (HDL) levels in our body.
- Regular workout on every day can strengthen our bones and reduce bone loss. Our muscle strength increases as we keep exercise every day and our physical strength improves considerably.
- Physical exercise helps us sleep better.
- Regular exercise benefits people of all ages. Senior citizens can safeguard themselves from chronic diseases associated with their age and lead quality life if they engage in simple exercise activities everyday.
Regular exercise for older people
As we get older, maintaining a regular exercise routine can be a big challenge due to illness, concerns about injuries or age related health problems. Many older people has no clue about where to start. They are often get discouraged by their own negative thoughts and concerns build up in their mind as they get older.
Exercise can energize these old people’s mind, improve immunity, relieve stress and help them manage their illness well. If planned well, they can make regular exercise a fun-filled activity when they do it with family members or friends. Strength training helps to control the symptoms of arthritis and other chronic conditions. Exercise improves their strength, flexibility and posture and that help with balance and reduce the risk of falls and related injuries.
Tips to get started
- Consult with the family doctor before starting an exercise program. Most old aged people have one or other age related issues. In such cases, one needs to get a doctor’s opinion about the activities that these old people can follow and the activities they should avoid in their daily workout routine. It is important to get medical clearance from a doctor first.
- Consider present health conditions before deciding on the type of workouts. Get family doctor’s opinion about it. For example, in case of diabetics, they have to adjust the timing of their meal and medication when setting an exercise plan. Keep a watch on their condition during the work out. If they are uncomfortable with any particular type of activity, and if they experience any pain or shortness of breath, then just ask them to stop that activity immediately.
- Do not start exercise all of sudden. Start light activities in the beginning and proceed slowly. Warm up before starting exercise and follow the correct cooling down procedures. Drink enough water to prevent fatigue. Make regular exercise a habit. Make their fitness activities enjoyable with some fun-filled activities.
- The right type exercise should always energize people. In case any particular exercise makes old people lousy, then ask them to stop such activity immediately. If they experience any pain, short of breath, or any sort of uneasiness, then take them to the doctor immediately.
- Focus on short-term goals and maintain a positive mindset. It is very important to keep mentally motivated with positive mindset.
This blog has more than 20 articles posted that carry useful fitness tips. I hope readers find these articles helpful and handy. For any questions or suggestions, post in the comment box below.
Message to readers:This blog is written with an aim to offer few useful tips on exercise and related areas. I am not a fitness expert but I have done extensive research on this subject and prepared articles based on my studies and experience. I am convinced about the facts mentioned in these articles however; it is up to the reader to follow them.Articles in this blog site are intended to guide people and offer basic tips on fitness and related topics. The author of this blog will not held responsible for any loss caused due to implementation of tips mentioned in this bog without any further research.
Image Source: Fitness