5 Top Outdoor Exercises To Keep Your Body Fit on Vacations
Ravi, an engineer from Hyderabad, has all necessary fitness equipment at home. He exercise regularly through out the year except during 30 days summer vacation that he usually spend with parents in his village.
He is very active even during his vacation days. However, due to lack of regular workout everyday, he often put on some extra weight by the time his vacation period is over. He has to workout little extra post vacation to reduce excess weight accumulated during his holiday. It is very common, and many of us face the same kind of situation at one point or another. How to overcome this? Fitness vacation is the answer.
How to Keep Fit on Vacations?
Everyone love vacations because it is the time we could spend enough time with family and that is the main purpose of a vacation. If we pay little bit attention in planning vacation, we can lead healthy lifestyle even during our vacation. How will we do that?
— Check whether the place we stay offers facilities like swimming pool, gym, enough space to exercise and easy accessibility to them.
— Check if the hotel offers any recreational activities such as trail biking, inline skating, parks, walking, and jogging paths.
— Understand the type of exercise clothes and accessories require during the stay at hotel in advance so that we can prepare for the same.
What type exercise should we practice during vacation?
Spend at least 30 minutes to do some normal body exercises. Just continue doing the same for first few days regularly.If our vacation includes long drive, then doing some brisk walking for some time at each rest stop would be a great idea.
Use simple workout equipment that can easily be carried along. Jump rope and Rubber resistance are some of the simplest fitness equipment that cost less and very easy to carry too. Jump rope exercises can protect us from many cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments. Use Rubber resistance bands or tubing for strength training.
Try push-ups, squats, lunges and other abdominal exercises that require no equipment to practice.Use box jumps or any similar type workouts on bed, if it is available at our hotel. Do stretch practice everyday.Talk with the family members about different ways of fitness methods and decide on the ideal workout program for each member.
Keep a log of all workout practiced on daily basis.Encourage accompanying family members to follow the practice everyday. If we have commitment and patience, it is not that difficult to maintain our body during vacation. Following are some of the most convenient exercises that require no equipment. Even if we don’t carry any equipment with us, we can still carry on with these activities!
Push up is one of the most common and popular outdoor exercises. This exercise lost its popularity among the youth nowadays as varieties of stylish chest press machines and fleets entered our market.
We can do this exercise little easier by elevating our hands or we can make it little harder by elevating our feet to some extend as well. Then there are Bounce and Clap Push Ups, which are harder and recommended only to experienced people.
Advantages of Push up
- Push up workout requires no equipment so there is no cost.
- Push up is one of the most effective upper body exercises.
- Push up is still popular among fitness freaks, especially the sports persons.
- Three main varieties of Push up movements- Standard Grip, Wide Grip, and Close Grip – ensure enough stimulation to the chest, shoulders and triceps.
Squat is a wonderful outdoor exercise and many people do not realize about its effectiveness. Very few people know the proper way of doing squat exercise and those who know are just lazy to practice the same.
Different varieties of squats are in practice. Standing squats, Plie Squats, One leg Squats, Wide-Stance Squats, Overhead Squats are the most common squats in practice these days although there are few more in this category.
Advantages of Squats
- Squats exercise increase muscle mass and strength in all areas of our body.
- These exercises improve our digestion and help us to remove waste from the body.
- The squat exercise improves the fluids flow in our body that eases the passing of waste through bowels.
- Squats exercise is very effective to burn more fat so it is a perfect exercise to reduce weight.
- Squats exercise can strengthen our leg muscles that enable us to prevent any type of weaknesses there and increase the strength for performing other activities.
This outdoor exercise if we do perfectly, will improve each muscle in our legs at some point through the movement. Following are some of the advantages of Lunge exercise.
– Lunge strengthens leg muscles and buttock muscles at the same time.
– Lunge exercise requires no equipment to practice. Different methods of Lunge exercises are in practice and they are,
- Standing Lunges
- Alternating Lunges
- Elevated Lunges
- Rear Lunges
- Walking Lunges
We can choose one of the options based on our comfort level.
Step Ups are one of the great outdoor exercises.Step us is practiced by just step up onto our elevated surface and then step down. Repeat the same on the other side altering back and forth. We get enough exercises for our leg muscles and cardiovascular systems. Step up, a popular workout among sports people, is a good outdoor exercise that anyone can practice easily.
Advantages of Step up
- This workout requires no equipment so there is no cost. We just need a bench and a piece of playground equipment or a large size rock to perform this exercise.
- Step up is a very good cardiovascular workout and many fitness experts are recommending it.
- Step up requires no equipment or assistance hence, any one can practice this exercise easily.
Chin up is another good outdoor exercise. We can perform Chin up using a low hanging tree branch or any playground equipment.We need to bring our body up completely until our chin is above our hands. Repeat this exercise as many number as possible.
Advantages of Chin up
- Chin up improves the strength of our back muscles and prevent back injury and pain.
- This exercise is good for those who want to build strong physique. Chin up is a good exercise for people who do carry heavy items or heavy weights.
- Chin up exercise improves the rate of metabolism as we get more muscle mass build up in our body.
- Chin ups exercise are the most effective ways to increase arm strength. Chin ups makes our arms muscles stronger and thereby increase our functional strength.
- Chin up should include in our daily fitness schedule as it is one of the best ways to increase lean body mass.
These are the most common outdoor exercises. Outdoor exercise is always a good option especially when we don’t have access to any fitness equipment or when we are unable go to a fitness center every day.
Image source: Google