Gmail Tricks – Get SMS Alerts for Every New E-mail Received
How do we set up Gmail for instant SMS alerts?
There are many application available but most of the reliable applications are limited to certain number of messages for a month and that too for a price. Here is a Gmail trick to set up SMS alert for free. This service can be used only with Gmail account and it include no third party application. That makes this method more reliable than other free methods. I am not sure about other countries, but it works in India at no extra charge.
Step 1: Create Filter condition in Gmail
- This is a very simple step. Login to Gmail account.
- Choose Settings from the Gears icon from the top right side.
- Go to ‘Labels’ and then click on ‘Create new label’ link shown at the bottom.
- Name the new label as ‘sendsms‘ or ‘emailsms‘ or whatever name you want to identify this filter.
- Once the label is created, the next step would be to set up filter for this label. Now all your important emails to be routed to the label that we created just now.
- Click on ‘Filter’ link at the top. Create a new filter with filter conditions. If you want to get SMS alerts for new mails from any particular person or company or boss then mention that email address in the ‘From’ filed in filter screen.
If you want to get SMS alerts for all emails that you receive then mention ‘is:inbox’ in “Has the words” field.
Once done with these, click on ‘Create filter with this search‘ link shown at the bottom side. A new screen will pop up. Now click check box for ‘Apply the label’ and then choose the label that you have created (‘sendsms‘) few minutes back from the drop down list.
Click on “Create filter” tab at the bottom to complete this step.
Step 2. Set up Google Calender for your mobile
Most of the Gmail account holders using Google calendar already. However, let me explain you little bit about it. Google calendar is very useful to record all your future events and set reminders for all of them. You can set reminders for all type of future events. Reminders can be set as SMS or Email.
- Login to your Gmail account and then Click on Google Calender to go to calendar page. Click on Geared Icon at the top right side and select ‘Settings’ from there.
- Choose all information that are applicable to you. Choose your country and time zone as well. Click on save button.
- Click on ‘Mobile Setup’ link shown above. A new screen will appear. Choose the country from drop down menu
- Now enter your active mobile number in the field provided below and then click on ‘Send verification code’ button.
- You will soon receive a verification code in your mobile. Enter that code in the field provided. Now you will see that your mobile number is verified. You can find the status message : Phone number successfully validated appear now at the top. Once your mobile number is verified on Google calendar, you will get SMS alerts for every events recorded there.
- Click on “Calendars’ link. Now find the filter name that you set before and click on ‘Edit Notification’ link shown against it. A new window opens. Choose event notification as SMS for 1 minute. Below, click on SMS check box for all events and then save. That’s all.
Step 3: Configure Google Docs for SMS alerts
This is also very easy to follow.
- Login to Google Docs.( Click on this link to go there) using the same Gmail account user name and password.
- Now click on this Link to go to a page where you can make copy of the spreadsheet. Click on the link Yes, make a copy provided there.
- Go to Tools-> Script Editor. There you need to choose Resources-> Current script’s triggers.
- Select click here to add one option. Under events choose option ‘Time-Driven’ and then ‘Minutes timer’ and Every minute from the respective drop down menus. Click on save button to update the entries. These entries will make sure that Google Docs would poll your Gmail account for new incoming messages for the label created at every minute.
- Now ‘Authorize’ all entries made so far and give access to the account if asked for it. Close the screen and save. That’s all! Now you can get SMS alerts for all your important emails from Gmail!
How To Set Up A Call To Action Button On Facebook Business Page?
Facebook is gaining popularity in business as well. Companies of all sizes make sure their presence on Facebook channel to enhance their engagement levels. Recently, Facebook come up with an additional feature for Facebook business page. Users can add a ‘Call to Action’ button on their business page. In fact, it is very simple to carry out this set up.
Call To Action Button : A way to engage with your audience
At first, users need to log on to their Facebook business pages. Once logged in there, they could see a “Call to Action” button located at the top right corner, near share button. Click on that button to set up.
A drop down menu will appear now to choose actions. There are 7 actions available and users can choose one action from it. The next step is to enter URL of the website and mobile site in the relevant fields shown below & then click ‘Next‘ button to proceed.
A new screen will show up where users can choose their iOS destination to confirm where to send people when they tap the button on an iPhone or an iPad. Choose either website or App from the drop down menu and then click “Next” button. The next screen will let users to choose Android destination. Choose website/App and then click “Create” button.
The Call to Action button is now ready. The CTA button name will now be changed to the type of action that a user has selected. In this case,”Book Now” is selected as a Call to Action choice.
Here are few more tips for effective Facebook engagements:Top 3 Tips For Effective Facebook Engagement
This CTA button feature is very useful to promote online business of any kind. Users can set up this function for free so it is worth adding on any Facebook business page. The Call To Action type can always be edited as per the choice. Click on the arrow mark on the ‘Call To Action’ button and choose ‘Edit Call to Action’ choice from the drop down menu to make required changes.
When a visitor of Facebook page click on the Call To Action button shown there, it will take them to the right webpage where the action needs to be carried out! This is amazing. Marketers can use this tool effectively for their product promotions and to receive more conversion from their e-commerce site.
Image Source: Gmail and Google docs